Monday, June 1, 2020

Salzburg, Austria 2019

It's already the second half of the year 2020. And that only means I have not updated my blog in about 1 1/2 years. That long eh..? Oops..

With Covid-9 still everywhere, I doubt that I will have the chance to travel anywhere this year. So, might as well I just write about my previous travels. In 2019 I had the chance to travel to Europe again, repeating the visit to Austria, Germany and had the chance to go to Budapest, Hungary. It was my third time in Europe. Why Europe again, one might ask. Well, I just love the landscape, culture, the architecture, the weather. I love a lot of things about Europe and I definitely would love to go again. Pray for me!

Just for your information, I've been to Austria in 2018 but have yet to write any entry on that, haha. 4 months before the trip, I've decided that it was probably a good idea to repeat Austria again and since Thai Airways was having a pretty good deal, I purchased return tickets to Vienna with a transit in Bangkok.


"The best place to watch a sunrise is from the window pane of an aeroplane"

From Vienna airport, we took the OBB train to Salzburg and stayed at Hotel-Pension Adlerhof which was only a 5 minutes walk from the train station. 

We took a leisurely stroll that evening along Salzach river. Across the river is where the Aldstadt or oldtown is. The part of Salzburg where it's always lively with travellers from every part of the world.

Overlooking Salzach River, watching the sun set.


Took a stroll in Mirabell Garden too. Since we went in the evening, most the crowd has dissapeared. But there were still many people around. For those who don't know, Salzburg is where the Sound of Music was filmed. I grew up watching the Sound of Music and to be able to come here and see this place is really wonderful.

I just love autumn, too pretty. That's mom there.

The rose garden. Roses were huge, such a pretty sight.

Festung Hohensalzburg taken from Mirabell Garden.

I find that Salzburg is cyclist friendly. Even saw locals dressed up in high heels cycling in the city. Interesting, really. I know that this was my second visit to the city but I actually haven't explored enough. Because both times, Salzburg was my base to venture out to other places. Would I return..? Time will tell. In the next entry, I'll write about our trip to St Wolfgang and St Gilgen.






No comments:

Post a Comment