Thursday, November 22, 2018

Postcard Perfect Parish Church St. Sebastian In Ramsau

In the previous post I mentioned that there were two places that remain very dear to my heart and mind during my recent Euro trip. One, as I wrote before was Obersee, the smaller lake nearby Königssee. So the other one is Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden.

After spending quite some time exploring Königssee and Obersee, we returned to Berchtesgaden to catch the bus to Ramsau. To get to Ramsau,  take bus 846 from Berchtesgaden to Ramsau Kirche stop (Saint Sebastian Church). The stop is right in front of the church on the opposite side of the road. 

Ramsauer Ache River flowing in front of St Sebastian Church - Photo by my travel buddy

A church by the river. I call it the postcard perfect scenery. How can it not be postcard perfect... The river was crystal clear, the leaves were golden with the surrounding mountains rising in the background. It was also calm and wasn't overcrowded with tourist. 

We spent a couple of hours here, trying to take in as much view as we can. To be honest we were pressed for time and didn't have enough to really explore Ramsau. If you have the luxury of time there are a few other places that you can explore. You can explore the village of Ramsau, walk along the river, go to Hintersee (lake) and Wimbachklamm (gorge) just to name a few. Too bad we had to return to Berchtesgaden that evening to catch our way back to Salzburg.

A closer shot of St Sebastian Church. See the bus stop, Ramsau Kirche stop is right opposite the road.
Another shot of St Sebastian Church. Should have taken from a lower view instead, with the bridge in the photo

Anyways, this won't be a long entry as I'm afraid my poor writing won't do this place justice :p. So I will let the photos do the talking.

“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
Ramsau Village in autumn. A breathtaking view. Golden. 

Till the next post. I pray that there will be. There is so much to share about my euro trip but lets just hope the lazy bone in me doesn't interfere :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment